Commit 8c50e8fa authored by Christian Poth's avatar Christian Poth
Browse files

Initial commit.

parent 9807596c
# alert_expect
This projects investigates whether alerting effects on reaction and perceptual performance can be dissociated from expectations.
\ No newline at end of file
This projects investigates whether alerting effects on reaction and perceptual performance can be dissociated from expectations.
In different blocks of trials, alerting cues either predict that a target is about to appear or that no target is about to appear. This prediction has a validity of 90%, leaving 10% of trials for analyzing the effects of alerting in the case of unpredicted targets.
- 2 blocks (in 2 sessions on separate days): target after alert in 90% of trials vs. target after alert in 10% of trials.
- alert vs. no alert (trial-by-trial)
- in the no alert condition, there is always a target
- 2 (blocks, p(t|alert) = .9 vs. .1) X 2 (alert vs. no alert) X 1000 trials = 4000 trials, 2000 per session
-> p(t|alert) = .9 -> alerting effect: 1000 no alert trials vs. 1000 X 0.9 = 900 alert trials
-> p(t|alert) = .1 -> alerting effect: 1000 no alert trials vs. 1000 X 0.1 = 100 alert trials
\ No newline at end of file
Supports Markdown
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment